Acupuncture to improve fertility is a method that has been in demand in Asian countries for thousands of years and can increase its effectiveness. Chinese masters invented acupuncture, and continue to actively use it for other solutions other than infertility.
Modern medicine hesitates to welcome the effectiveness of acupuncture methodology due to the lack of scientific research on the subject. However, millions of couples have developed, and established a family by the help of acupuncture. Some medical specialists link acupuncture treatments for infertility with the placebo effect, which is when the patient is cured using self-infusion. Acupuncture has been adopted as a supplemental solution to more traditional methods.
What is acupuncture?
The acupuncture technique is based on viewing the human body as an analogous to a globe with meridians, which are continuously circulating energy filling the space. If there is a certain malfunction of these meridians, it can disrupt the natural flow of energy, or stop it completely–resulting in various diseases.
The question arises as to how acupuncture can be beneficial in this case. Needle injections inserted into certain acupuncture points can free up pathways for energy to circulate, which then leads to the restoration of balance in the body. It is important to note that only a qualified specialist can carry out sessions of such treatment. The procedure begins with checking the pulse throughout the body; as the points of disturbance change noticeably when palpated.
– You may be interested in related materials: –
How does acupuncture to improve fertility
With the help of acupuncture it is possible to increase and normalize blood flow and circulation in the pelvic organs. This technique has been recognized in matters of stabilizing the hormonal background. It should be noted that infertility treatment by acupuncture proved to be very effective not only for women, but also for men. With women, the therapy improves the work of female ovaries, and in the second – of the seminal appendages in the representatives of the stronger sex.
Acupuncture to improve fertility may be used not only as a monotherapy, but also as an adjunct to the main treatment program. Practice shows the effectiveness of acupuncture in treating various disorders of female health related to the menstrual cycle, or inflammatory processes in the reproductive organs. Acupuncture is renowned for its magical calming effect, so it quickly relieves stress and brings patients’ emotional health back to a stable state.
Specialists have identified a number of factors leading to problems with conception, which acupuncture effectively combats. Here are some of the factors that can affect fertility:
- Stress: Nervous breakdowns and emotional overload have a negative effect on a person’s health. Stress can be caused by problems in one’s personal life or at work, lack of sleep, frequent overexertion, and improper nutrition. Stress causes the body to produce too much cortisol, adrenaline, prolactin and other substances that can largely affect organs functions Acupuncture sessions effectively normalize the hormonal balance through the production of large amounts of endorphins, the hormone of joy.
- Inflammatory process: Inflammation of the reproductive organs of women and men often leads to problems with conceiving a baby. By irritating certain points on the body, acupuncture improves blood flow and oxygen exchange processes, as well as increases local immunity.
- Congestion: In modern society, many people are forced to spend most of their working hours in a sitting position. It is not only about office positions, but also about driving a car. Due to minimal mobility, even young people can experience venous stasis in the pelvic organs. Acupuncture is responsible for improving blood circulation, brings metabolism back to normal, and eliminates spasms in blood vessels and muscle tissue.
- Quality of sperm: Acupuncture treatment of male infertility is aimed at increasing sperm motility and quality by increasing immunity and relieving chronic pathologies.
How does acupuncture to improve fertility work?
Infertility acupuncture treatment should not be expected to have an immediate positive effect. The therapy consists of specialized sessions, which are included in a long course of two to three months. It is difficult to accurately describe the procedure of acupuncture therapy, as an individual treatment can alter depending on the individual case. The length of the needles and the duration of the session, as well as the speed at which the needles pierce the skin, the angle and depth at which they are inserted, are selected for each patient.
To develop a therapeutic acupuncture strategy, the doctor must take into account a number of factors:
- The person’s physique and weight
- Pain threshold and the presence of hypersensitivity
The speed of positive results in the treatment of infertility with acupuncture for women and men depends a lot on the experience of the acupuncturist. In most cases, the treatment course consists of 10 days. The number of repetitions depends on the type of reproductive organ problem.
In fact the therapy does not bring pain and discomfort.
Sometimes acupuncture procedures can be supplemented with therapeutic aids:
1) Cauterization-These can be paper cones with wormwood, which are applied to the body with one side, and the other side is set on fire. If used correctly, no burns are left on the patient’s skin.
2) Electrostimulation- Small portions of weak current are delivered to the body through needles or using electrodes.
3) Manual stimulation- In this case, the therapist presses the active points with the pushers of the fingers.
The choice of the particular auxiliary technique depends on the decision of the specialist and the patient’s preferences.
When to avoid acupuncture?
Some groups of patients are advised to temporarily refrain from procedures, and resort to other types of therapy. These include people suffering from various tumors or infectious diseases, such as tuberculosis or brucellosis. Application of acupuncture can cause aggravation of the patient’s condition.
Acupuncture is not recommended for people who suffer from kidney failure or heart disease, or if there are serious problems with the respiratory system or blood circulation. During acupuncture treatment, alcohol and cigarette smoking should be completely avoided. Patients with low BMI should also refrain from acupuncture sessions.
Serious side effects of acupuncture treatment for infertility have not been observed. Before treating infertility with acupuncture, it is worth consulting your doctor. Acupuncture sessions should also be supervised by a qualified specialist. After the onset of a long-awaited pregnancy, acupuncture should be discontinued, as its effect on the body of a pregnant woman is not fully studied.